Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting those creative juices flowing!

My friend & fellow bear artist, Daphne of Back Road Bears, have been challenging each other this past week.  We both created the same ellie using a pattern from GingerMelon found on Etsy. 

Here's mine...Dotty!!






She was fun to make and doing it as a challenge was a great way to see how we each did things just a little different.  Although it's from the same pattern, our ellie's look slightly different.  She lowered the ears and I turned mine upside down and flipped the tips down.  I blanket stitched the paw pads and she did hers the traditional way.  Little changes can make big differences in the final outcome.  This upcoming week, we are doing a puppy (her) and a kitten (me).  Same pattern again...but they will really look different this time.    Fun, fun, fun!!!   

It also makes me think about some future pattern designs...hee hee!!!   Get's the mind thinking it does, that can be a dangerous thing when it comes to me.

Yes, I'm still working on my own little dumplings.  I couldn't forget them.  :)

Much love,

S

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful idea. One of these days I'll figure out the sewing.